Everyone of us has had to face rejection at some point in our lives. It is one of the most painful experiences a person can go through. It's deep and it can cause the destruction of healthy self esteem, peace in relationships, peace with God, and progress in life. The root of rejection doesn't come from the way you have been treated, it comes from a mistaken identity. When we know who we are in Christ, we can be set free from this.
Here are some signs that you are struggling with rejection - it could be social, family, perceived, or self rejection..:
- Rebellious actions, attitudes
- Fabricated personalities (being somebody you aren't, in order to be accepted)
- The tendency to reject others, so that you aren't the first one to be rejected
- A tendency to always wonder if a person rejects or accepts you
- The need to fit in or be accepted by others and be a part of everything
- Self-pity where a person feels bad for themselves being all alone
- Inability to be corrected or receive constructive criticism
- Rejection creates an environment where you are starved for love or just don't fit in
- A tendency to blame God ("Why did He give me this big nose? Why did God make me so short?")
- A sense of pride that says, "How dare they reject me!"
- Opinionated personality and the need to be right about things
- Feelings of worthlessness, insecurity, or hopelessness
- Seeking a parent's approval is a sign that your basing your identity upon what they think of you
- Envy, jealousy, and even hate can be rooted in rejection
- Fear of confrontation (because your identity is based upon what they think of you)...
If you or someone you know is displaying these signs---its time to make a decision to evaluate your heart and make peace with yourself and God.. Find out who He says you are in His word..spend time with Him and let Him shape your view of yourself and others. Help those around you struggling by giving love and being Jesus to them.
Please share this blog- especially with those who really need some encouragement.